System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2017 and Enterprise Solutions 17.0
Operating systems supported:
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (update 1) or Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), natively installed.
- Linux: When using QBES Database Server-only installation – OpenSuse 42.1, Fedora 23, Red Hat 7 (Update 2)
Note: Natively installed means it was installed on a particular system or environment that it was designed for. This also means that it doesn't need to run in a virtual environment or emulation software.
Hardware and operating system requirements (client and server)
- 2.4 GHz processor minimum
- 4 GB RAM minimum, 8GB RAM Recommended
- Server RAM Requirements:
- 0-5 Users: 8GB RAM
- 10+ Users: 12GB RAM
- 15+ Users: 16GB RAM
- 20+ Users: 20+GB RAM
- 4x DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless user is downloading QuickBooks from Intuit server).
- Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 Extended monitors
- Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
- Internet access is required
- U.S. version
- Regional Settings are supported when set to English (United States) with keyboard setting to U.S. only
- Administrator Rights required for the server computer when hosting Multi User Access
- Natively installed
- Disk space requirements:
- 2.5 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
- Additional software: 60 MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
- Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings
- Require minimum 4.0 GB RAM
- Twice the size of the largest File set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect"
- NOTE: Storing the large QBW data file on an SSD will greatly speed up performance and is encouraged.
QuickBooks is capable of integrating with hundreds of third-party applications. The following integrations are provided with QuickBooks; additional RAM will enhance the use of these features. See Intuit Marketplace for the most up-to-date list.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit
- Office 2010 and Office 2013/365 (including Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013) both on 32 and 64 bit. (Note: Office 365 is only supported when it is locally installed, not the web version.)
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32 bit)
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge). Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If a sync is performed, duplicate records could result
- Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client
- QuickBooks Point of Sale 2015 V12.0, V11.0 , V10.0
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner functionality and viewing forms requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later
- Payroll and other online features and services requires Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- TurboTax 2015 and 2014 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2015 and 2014
- Pro-Series tax years 2015 and 2014
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Outlook and other SMTP supporting E-mail clients
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility:
QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier 2017 and Enterprise 17.0 have been tested with the following firewall and antivirus products.
Note: In some cases, it may be necessary to adjust settings in these products to ensure the best possible performance with QuickBooks.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Note: QuickBooks Desktop will work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but this is not recommended because performance issues may cause QuickBooks to operate slowly.
Important: If the individual product requirements above do not specifically state that an operating system, hardware, software, firewall or antivirus is supported, it has not been tested. Intuit cannot promise that your experience will be trouble-free. If you experience problems outside of the supported environment, technical support will be limited to standard troubleshooting. If unresolved, the program should be returned to a supported environment for additional support. Also note that should Microsoft no longer support the aforementioned products, then neither shall Intuit.